Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another encounter with a buwaya..

Another encounter with a buwaya..
I asked my cousin whether she had an encounter with a buwaya. At first she asked me what is a buwaya (corrupt police officer), then she realized what a buwaya (corrupt police officer) is herself. She said she had plenty, so she asked which one I would like to know. I guess I will be posting a lot of her experiences here in my blog J. I will now share her 1st encounter with a buwaya. On a bright sunny day (haha), she and her friend were commuting to baclaran. When they got out of the bus, they realized that they were dropped off at a no dropping off zone. All the passengers that had to go to baclaran were dropped off at a no dropping of zone. Of course, my cousin and her friend were sort of scared because they were not used to commuting and they are not familiar with the place. So they followed the other passengers who were going to cross the street. When they are already in the middle of the street together with the other passengers, they were suddenly called by a buwaya (corrupt police officer) and were asked to go to the side of the street. The buwaya (corrupt police officer) said that they were jay walking and that they had to go with him to the police station. My cousin and her friend wondered why they were the only ones who was called by the officer and was charged with jay walking. The buwaya (corrupt police officer) started threatening my cousin and her friend, the buwaya kept asking for their IDs and telling them that they can be jailed for that offense. But then my cousin asked the buwaya why they were the only ones that were caught by the buwaya. At first, my cousin and her friend thought that they caught the attention of the buwaya because they were wearing their uniform (they study in a prestigious school) and so the buwaya wanted to get bribed money from them. So they asked what was the reason, and the buwaya said : “eh kasi kayo ang may nas nakaka-alam ng kung ano ang tama at kung ano ang mali kaysa dun sa ibang mga yun.” (because you are the one who knows what is right from wrong from all those people.) My cousin of course, cannot accept that reason. She answered: “eh kuya napaka biased  nyo naman po at judgemental, porket po ba naka uniform kami at sila hindi ibig sabihin wala silang alam?” (In that case, you’re so biased and judgemental. So does it automatically mean when we are wearing our uniform and the others are not then they don’t know nothing?” my cousins friend was already scared at that time and she was about to give her ID and follow the buwayas wishes, but my cousin stayed strong and said: “if you really wanted to arrest us for the sake of justice, then you should have arrested all of the people with us that time.” “I will not give my ID if that’s the reason you will give me”. The buwaya was startled and let my cousin and her friend go with a warning. They were able stand for what is just and right. We should do the same instead of bribing the buwayas with money, because just like the real buwaya, once they get used to a feeding spot where food is abundant they will continually go back there whenever they get hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment