Sunday, June 19, 2011

school of thought on corruption in the Philippines

It’s all over the news. America’s top diplomat promised that her government is ready and prepared to supply military hardware to the Philippines in case it is needed for self-defense. This is due to the recent heat between China and the Philippines because of the Spratly’s issue. This just show, that we still have not improved. We still rely on our allies to help us whenever we are in trouble. WHY CAN’T WE JUST START BEING INDEPENDENT!? What if we try the “Bayan muna”, or the closed economy by the Japanese? (not sure whether closed economy is the right term, but japan did not allow any imports to enter their country at that time and look how great their country is now.)  Let’s talk about the Spratly’s issue for now. Why can’t our country fight for our right to own the Spratly’s island if it is 80+ nautical miles from Palawan? Just recently, news says that we are going to equally share the Spratly’s islands. Are we sharing it because we think it is right? Or are we sharing it because we were too scared to fight for our right? Seriously, we need to have courage and be able to stand in our own feet. Another thought, what if there is a hidden agreement that says we are sharing it equally but in fact our share is already sold to another country so that some corrupt authorities can get more money? Sometimes I hate myself for always doubting our government, but who can blame me? I have seen so much to lose my trust on them. Up to now, they still have not redeemed themselves. I feel so negative when it comes to our government. I always think that they are corrupt, not doing their jobs, or that they are manipulators who have ulterior motives. I am just one of the youth that also thinks this way. Im pretty sure that there some like me out there. They might think that they can fool us with their public appearances with their masks on, we already know the dirt on some of those corrupt officials. The thing is, I still don’t know why we vote for them even though we already know they are fake or that they have bad intentions. Maybe we just lack choices for a better candidate to vote. See how my thoughts have gone from  us being independent, to me always doubting our government, and then to how we vote for the “clowns” even though we already know their intentions? That is just a glimpse of how i think the Philippines is so corrupt. Even official surveys tell us that the Philippines is the most corrupt country in southeast Asia. What can I do to change my perceptions on our government? Show me something good, not corrupt, or something for the benefit of the people, then I will reconsider. So far, what has the Aquino administration done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment